- tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- garlic (optional)
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 600ml (1pt) chicken or vegetable stock
- 450g (1lb) tomatoes
- fresh or dried basil (optional)
- 2 tablespoon of KanKun Chipotle
- Add butter of olive oil in a warm saucepan. Add onion and fry gently until softened (add garlic along with, if you are using).
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and stir and fry on a low heat, stirring until it becomes a sandy texture. Do not burn.
- Add the stock slowly whisking to keep smooth, until all stock added. Then add tomatoes.
- Cover and simmer on lowest heat for 40 minutes until tomatoes are well and truly softened and the colour is nice and even. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Sieve the soup, pushing with a wooden spoon, stirring and scraping to get all the juices through.
- Return to saucepan for a minute or so and add, KanKun chipotle, basil, salt, and pepper to taste, stir well. Serves 2 to 4 depending on bowl size and appetites!
HAVE FUN COOKING!