For the brownies:
- 1 tsp of KANKUN® habanero sauce
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken up
- 250g unsalted butter
- 75g of dried sour cherries (optional)
- 50g chopped nuts (optional)
- 80g cocoa powder, sifted
- 65g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 360g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- Ice cream or cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over some simmering water melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add the cherries and nuts (optional).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, KANKUN® habanero sauce and sugar, then add this to the chocolate and mix until smooth, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares whit ice cream or cream (optional).