This Lentil Soup recipe is full of goodness and really hearty; add some bacon, veg and creamy beans and you have a total winner, especially on a winter day.
- 2 cups lentils
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut in small pieces
- 1 bay leaf
- 6-7 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 3 to 4 Table spoons of KANKUN® Chipotle Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan cook the bacon until it has rendered most of its fat
- in a blender puree the tomatoes and onion.
- Drain off the fat from the bacon, add the puree and cook, stir for 2 minutes, add carrots and garlic, cooked until soft
- Add the lentils, bay leaf and the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer, covered, until the lentils are tender.
- Add 3-4 Table Spoons of KanKun Meican Chipotle Sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve along fresh hot tortillas.
- Soups are a healthy way to start off a meal because it tends to be high in vegetables, filling and low in energy density.
- Soup is really not that much effort. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare. It is also extremely adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. It can be very economical, and can easily frozen for future meals.
- My granny used to say “nothing better that a warm, delicious bowl of soup to hit the spot on a cold day”.
Check KanKun Mexican Sauce