Sopes are such a fun food, it can be topped with nearly anything. Today we have prepared delicious shrimps cooked in KanKun Mexican poblano mole to bring to life the traditional Mexican sopes. The Mole poblano is a sauce that won’t take you days to cook, and will amaze you with its depth and complexity. I promise you will love it!
- 4 Sopes
- Kankun Mole Poblano
- 200 grs Shrimp
- 100 grs Rosemary
- 1 small Garlic clove
- Salt to taste
- Prepare the Sopes
2. Get ready KanKun Mole Poblano
3. In a pan add vegetable oil and chopped garlic, fry until slightly golden.
4. Add shrimps, fry them a little bit until sealed, take them out and leave it aside.
5. Boil the rosemary until soften
6. Heat the mole in a pan and add the vegetables, shrimp and soft rosemary. Leave to simmer until they are cooked (low heat). Ensure the mole does not get dry if so add a chicken broth to make it runnier.
7. Serve the dis: place 2 sopes on each plate spread the mole with rosemary and topped with shrimps.
Ready to eat, enjoy your Shrimp Sopes !
What is sope: A sope is a traditional Mexican dish originating in the central and southern parts of Mexico, where it was sometimes first known as pellizcadas. This dish that at first sight looks strange and unusually thick tortilla, can be topped up with refried beans and vegetables or meat. Sopes are a popular and delicious street snack that you find almost everywhere in Mexico. Have fun cooking sopes and chare your recipes on instagram @kankunsauce.