Not for the faint hearted, this Easter KANKUN® is infusing the holiday indulgence with their recipe for chocolate brownies. Once again, the authentic Mexican flavours of KANKUN® provide fantastic inspiration in the kitchen with a twist on old favourite.
KANKUN® Brownies gives you and your family the perfect opportunity explore the mixture of chocolate and chilli, an exquisite combination that dates back to the Aztec era.
Indulge in this luxurious chocolaty treat, with the excitement of the hot KANKUN® kick:
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken up
- 250g unsalted butter
- 75 g of dried sour cherries (optional)
- 50 g chopped nuts (optional)
- 80 g cocoa powder, sifted
- 65 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 360 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- KANKUN® Habanero sauce
- Ice cream or cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over some simmering water melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add the cherries and nuts (optional).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, KANKUN® Habanero sauce and sugar, then add this to the chocolate and mix until smooth, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares whit ice cream or cream (optional).
As an Easter treat, why not treat yourself or a loved one a KANKUNtastic gift set, comprising of:
- Chipotle Hot, a unique blend of earthy and smoky spiciness and the perfect heat level
- Chipotle Mild, for those who like their flavour with a mild touch of heat
- Marinade Sauce, for marinating and adding a Mexican flavour with a smoky medium heat in a single step
- Habanero, 85% habanero puree for extreme heat lovers with a moreish flavour
KANKUN® is a family business founded in 2012 by Rolando Cardenas, to support the fashionable Mexican culture with authentic Mexican flavours and to liven up the taste of meals without harmful additives.
Born in Mexico, and with UK citizenship, Rolando has a profound passion for food and Mexican culture. Today he and his team are committed to the KANKUN® BRAND that and have already achieved record sales among restaurants, speciality Mexican shops, delicatessens, independent stores and online retailers.
For more information on the KANKUN® products, stockists and recipe ideas, visit www.kankunsauce.com.