Looking for some inspiration for the best on-the-go salad launches. Look no more! This Jalapeno Lentil Quinoa recipe served in a trendy jar, is an eye-catching delicious salad packed with flavour and goodness: high in fiber, whole grains, and protein. This is just KanKuntastic!
- 1 cup lentils (don’t pre-soak).
- 1/2 cup quinoa.
- 1 onion,
- 1 red pepper, diced.
- 1 handful parsley, chopped.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- zest and juice of 1 lemon.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- 1/2 tablespoon of mustard powder or grain mustard.
- 1 teaspoon Kankun Jalapeño Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).Cook the lentils in water with an onion cut in half. Don’t add salt to the water. Allow to cool and remove the onion.
- Cook the quinoa in 1 cup of water in a pan. Tip out into a large bowl to cool so it doesn’t over cook and go to soggy.
- Once the lentils and quinoa are cool mix them together adding the parsley, garlic, red pepper and mustard. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Taste and season as desired.
- In a separate bowl, toss the spinach or watercress in a little olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and Kankun Jalapeños Sauce. Plate in a serving bowl.
- Top the spinach with the lentil and quinoa mixture. Serve.
Thank you Wholesome Healthy Kitchen for this KanKuntastic recipe!
Carolina is the cofounder of Wholesome Healthy Kitchen. She loves the healthy properties of chilli and often includes KanKun Mexican Sauces as an ingredient for its unique characteristics: gluten free, additive free, authentic recipe. We are delighted to share this yummy healthy recipe. Thank you Carolina for this colourful and delicious Salad recipe you are KanKuntastic!