This is a recipe for the classic Spanish tortilla with the Mexican twist. Love the combination of flavours delivered by the potatoes, the sweet onions and the punchy chili sauce. Enjoy a lazy morning with this indulgent brunch recipe or pack it for lunch to take into work with a salad.
- 500g peeled potatoes
- 1 big chopped white onion
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
- 6 eggs
- 1 bottle of KanKun habanero (KanKun Jalapeno or KanKun Chipotle are also a good option)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Set the potatoes and onions a side on a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add some drops of your favourite KanKun Sauce if you like it spicy.
- Heat oil in a smaller pan. Tip everything into the pan and cook on a medium-low heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape.
- Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Splash your favourite KanKun sauce and indulge your self.