Celebrate Valentine’s Day the Mexican way with KANKUN®
Valentine’s Day is on the horizon, if you are planning a romantic night in with the one that you love remember to bring your favourite KANKUN® sauce to the table; it will really add some passion to your evening. With spicy food being a famous aphrodisiac, the entire range of KANKUN® sauces is certain to get your heart racing and get the evening off to an unforgettable start.
KANKUN® is a family business founded in 2012 by Rolando Cardenas, to support the fashionable Mexican culture with authentic Mexican flavours and to liven up the taste of meals without harmful additives. KANKUN® sauces gives you inspiration with your cooking, whether it being a traditional, family orientated Mexican dish or a twist on old favourite, KANKUN® wants to bring your food to life with their collection of four bona fide Mexican sauces:
- Chipotle Hot (launched 2012), a unique combination of earthy and smoky spiciness and the perfect heat level. The Chipotle Hot sauce is a very diverse condiment; it will go down like a dream with a variety of meats, or a splash in your soup or sandwiches. It is an unmistakeable flavour that will have your food exploding with excitement once again.
- Chipotle Mild (launched 2012), the mild version of our Chipotle sauce is a sauce which everyone can enjoy, if you are looking for that unrivalled taste of Mexico but aren’t one for the irresistible chilli infusion then this is the sauce for you. Again, it will go with lots of different meals and the addictiveness of the flavour will have you splashing it on everything possible!
- Marinade Sauce (launched June 2013) for marinating and adding a Mexican flavour with a smoky medium heat in a single step. There is no need to use this delicious marinade sparingly, make sure you get stuck in and have your dish oozing with the taste of Mexico. The beauty of the KANKUN® marinade is that it will work with anything, from chicken drumsticks to shrimps, we suggest that you experiment to find your perfect mix.
- Habanero (launched April 2013) blending 85% pure Habanero chilli with a moreish flavour that is not for the faint hearted. Depending on how brave you are we put forward that only a dash of the Habanero sauce will liven up your meal, but the extreme heat lovers out there feel free to immerse your meals with it, the long lasting tangy taste will have you craving for more. Ideal to give an added kick to your any meal calling out for that unique spicy Mexican zest.
KANKUN® has developed a delicious recipe that will fit the mood perfectly this Valentine’s Day. With this recipe for KANKUN® Brownies it gives to the perfect opportunity to indulge in this luxurious chocolaty treat. The chocolate in this recipe adds the romance whereas the KANKUN® adds the fire and the passion.
- 200g good quality dark chocolate, broken up
- 250g unsalted butter
- 75 g of dried sour cherries (optional)
- 50 g chopped nuts (optional)
- 80 g cocoa powder, sifted
- 65 g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 360 g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- KANKUN® Habanero sauce
- Ice cream or cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Line a 25cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl over some simmering water melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Add the cherries and nuts (optional).
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder, KANKUN® Habanero sauce and sugar, then add this to the chocolate and mix until smooth, then add this to the chocolate, cherry and nut mixture. Stir together well. Beat the eggs and mix in until you have a silky consistency.
- Pour your brownie mix into the baking tray, and place in the oven for around 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tray, then carefully transfer to a large chopping board and cut into chunky squares whit ice cream or cream (optional).
Don’t forget to say “Te quiero” to your partner this Valentine’s Day and make it an evening that you will remember for years to come with KANKUN®.