Chilli Bean Burgers are a healthy and delicious burger version full of protein and fibre. Eat them warm or at room temperature, we promise it will be a KanKuntastic dish for your healthy lunch box or picnic.
- 2 cans organic red kidneys beans in water, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup quinoa flakes.
- 1 medium onion.
- 1/2 cup finely grated carrots.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted).
- 4 garlic crushed.
- 1 or 2 teaspoon Kankun Mexican Chiplote Sauce.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- 1 teaspoon cumin.
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder or english mustard.
- 4 teaspoon tamari sauce.
- 2 tablespoon tomate purée.
- pinch freshly ground black pepper.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Gentle sweat the onion and garlic in a pan with a little of coconut oil, for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl mash the the beans with your hands or with a potato masher. Add the onion, garlic, quinoa flakes and grated carrots, mix well.
- In other bowl combine the Kankun Sauce or chilli powder, smoked paprika, cumin, black pepper, tamari sauce, mustard and tomate purée. Add the spice mix into the mashed beans and mix well.
- Season to taste with freshly black pepper.
- Moisten your hands under the tap and form 8 to 10 burgers.
- Warm 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Brush one side of the burgers lightly with coconut oil. Arrange the burgers, oiled side down, on a baking tray and bake until slightly brown on the first side (around 10 minutes).
- Flip over the burgers and brush with coconut oil the second side and bake for few minutes.
Thank you Carolina for this Wholesome Healthy Kitchen recipe you are KanKuntastic!
Carolina loves the healthy properties of chilli and often includes KanKun Mexican Sauces as an ingredient for its unique characteristics: gluten free, additive free, authentic recipe. We are delighted to share one of her latest recipes: Chilli Bean Burger recipe.