I loved this new way of putting together some favourite ingredients. I guarantee this will be a big hit around your family, you will enjoy every bite! It is delicious with a little bit of light sour cream.
- 225g plain flour
- 100g cold butter, cut into small cubes
- pinch salt
- 3 eggs
- 250ml whole milk
- big handful baby spinach, chopped roughly
- 3 slices ham, sliced finely big handful grated extra mature cheddar
- 3 table spoons of KanKun Jalapeno
- pickled jalapenos (Optional – if you like it very hot)
- salt and pepper
- Note: blind bake at 6 -Gas 5
- Pre-heat the oven to Gas Mark 6/400F/200C and grease a 20cm quiche dish.
- Make the pastry: put the salt and flour into a mixing bowl and rub the butter into it until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Pour in 3-4 tbsps cold water and bring together to a dough. Knead briefly until smooth and then roll out on a floured surface to about ½ a cm in thickness.
- Gently lift the dough and press it into the quiche dish and lightly prick it with a fork. Line with baking paper and baking beans (or dried beans/pasta if you don’t have baking beans) and blind bake for 15 minutes, then remove the beans and baking paper and bake for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk and jalapeno KanKun sauce with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once the pastry is blind baked, layer the spinach, ham and cheese inside it then pour in the egg mixture, if you like to add more heat topping with jalapenos (optional).
- Turn the oven down to Gas Mark 5/375F/190C and bake for about 25 minutes until golden. Serve warm with a few salad leaves or allow to cool and take along to a picnic!