The open flame is the oldest cooking method in the world. Every culture does it. The only real difference is in the ingredients and how the fire is used.
Whenever my friends and I get together for a BBQ, we always go Mexican. Maybe it is the smell of the “carne asada” charring on the grill or the amazing flavours that Mexcian chillies adds to it. For me barbecues are a time when we can reconnect, relax, and have a good time.
I would like to share some essential KANKUN® MEXICAN SAUCE BBQ tips:
1. Be prepared : Marinades are a great way of keeping meat tender and moist, particularly on charcoal barbecues. Why don’t you try KANKUN® SAUCE MARINADE or use one of our simple and fast recipe to marinade Chipotle Marinade.
2. Don’t cook cold meat: Make sure you always bring your meat back to room temperature before cooking. The biggest struggle with cooking on the BBQ is to get the heat from the outside of your steak into the middle without burning the surface to a cinder. The warmer things are in the middle before it goes onto the fire, the easier it is to win the battle.
3. Preheat properly: If you’re going to get a good crust on your food and that lovely BBQ flavour, you need your BBQ to be hot before you start cooking.
4. Thin is in: The thinner your meat, the less far the heat has to travel to cook the middle, so the easier it is to get the inside right without burning the outside.
5. Don’t poke & prod: It takes time for your caramelised BBQ crust to develop and this won’t happen if you’re continually flipping your steaks or burgers. Only turn once or twice. And definitely don’t squash everything down as this forces the juices to run out and leaves you with sad dry meat. Sausages are also best left alone – piercing the skins dries them out.
6. And the most important tip… AMIGOS, HAVE GREAT TIME!
WOW! YOUR friends with one of our KANKUN® BBQ recipes