This is a recipe for the classic Spanish tortilla with the Mexican twist. Love the combination of flavours delivered by the potatoes, the sweet onions and the punchy chili sauce. Enjoy a lazy morning with this indulgent brunch recipe or pack it for lunch to take into work with a salad.
- 500g peeled potatoes
- 1 big chopped white onion
- 150ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander
- 6 eggs
- 1 bottle of Kankun™ habanero (Kankun™ Jalapeno or Kankun™ Chipotle are also a good option)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Set the potatoes and onions a side on a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with the parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Add some drops of your favourite Kankun™ Sauce if you like it spicy.
- Heat oil in a smaller pan. Tip everything into the pan and cook on a medium-low heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes.
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape.
- Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Splash your favourite Kankun™ Sauce and indulge your self.