You just can’t beat a good chocolate fudge cake, and this one is the sort of cake you’d want to eat the whole, it is guaranteed to disappear as soon as you cut the first slice. It is rich, moist and with a touch of spice that will warm your taste buds!
- 100g milk chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- 200g butter
- 100g soft light brown sugar
- 100ml water
- 100ml soured cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-2 tbsps KanKun habanero sauce
- 200g self raising flour, sifted
- 5 tbsps cocoa powder, sifted
- 600g icing sugar
- 300g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3-4 tbsps cocoa powder
- Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180C/350F and prepare two 20cm sandwich cake tins with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan, melt together the chocolate, butter and sugar with the water on a very low heat until all the ingredients are combined, then leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the soured cream, eggs and KanKun habanero sauce followed by the flour and cocoa powder. Mix until you have a smooth cake batter with no lumps.
- Pour into the sandwich tins, being careful not to overfill them.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, beat the icing sugar, butter and cocoa powder together to make the butter cream – you can add a little milk to achieve a looser consistency if you prefer.
- Spread one third of the butter cream on one of the cakes, then place the other cake on top and decorate with the rest of the butter cream.
This #Kankuntastic fudge chocolate cake is rich, moist and with a touch of spice that will warm your taste buds.