Nothing says comfort food quite like a festival of carbs baked in a rich, creamy sauce – that’s why we love pasta bakes so much throughout autumn. This pasta bake has a spicy kick, and the heat can be taken up a notch with fresh chilies or pickled jalapenos, or even taken down a notch with some soured cream on the side, what you do is up to you!
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 300g pasta
- 25g butter
- 25g flour
- 300ml milk
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 4 tbsps salsa
- 1-2 tbsps KANKUN Jalapeño Sauce
- 150g extra mature cheddar, grated
- Pre-heat your oven to Gas Mark 5 (375F/190C).
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the pack instructions suggest.
- Drain and pour into a roughly 25/25cm baking/roasting dish and drizzle with a little oil to avoid sticking.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy based saucepan and add the flour, cook for 1 minute, stirring with a whisk.
- Add the milk, a small amount at a time and whisk to incorporate after each addition. Once all the milk has been added, cook a little longer until you’ve got a thick, white sauce. Then take off the heat and add two thirds of the grated cheese and the KANKUN Jalapeño Sauce.
- Pour the cheese Jalapeño sauce over your pasta and stir until completely coated. Make small pockets in the dish and add your salsa and avocado.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbling.