Autumn, the perfect time for a Spicy Pumpkin Soup, this one comes together quickly and has fruity and delicious heat notes of habanero chilli.
1 Cup of pumpkin cooked and smash
1 cup of chicken broth
1 onion sliced into small pieces
1 cup of double cream
1/2 tbsp of salt
1/2 tbsp of KanKun Mexican Habanero Sauce
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp of melted butter
1 tbsp of flour
- In a sauce pan mix cream with onions and bay leaf in low flame. Once is boiling add all ingredients except the butter and flour, this last two ingredients you will cook separate in another saucepan over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes then add it into the soup.
- Leave it cook for a couple of minutes until the soup is smooth. Simmer for few minutes and is ready to eat … Enjoy this delicious Spicy Pumpkin Soup !
- Soups are a healthy way to start off a meal because it tends to be high in vegetables, filling and low in energy density.
- Soup is really not that much effort. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare. It is also extremely adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. It can be very economical, and can easily frozen for future meals.
- My granny used to say “nothing better that a warm, delicious bowl of soup to hit the spot on a cold day”.