Spicy Tequila Shrimps will bring a unique splash of colour to your table. Serve with margarita and some warm tortillas for a quick and tasty dinner.
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp of KANKUN CHIPOTLE SAUCE
- 3 tsp of thyme
- 3 tsp of oregano
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 sliced red onions
- 1 sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 sliced red bell pepper
- One 6-ounce can diced tomatoes
1. Combine the tequila, , olive oil, salt, black pepper, KANKUN SAUCE, thyme and oregano in a sealable plastic bag.
2. Add the shrimp to the tequila marinade and seal the bag, turning to coat the shrimp. Refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
3. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and marinade. Cook until the shrimp begin to change color. Add the onions, bell peppers, the jalapeño chiles, and tomatoes. Cook until the vegetables are almost tender yet still sorta crisp and the shrimp turn pink.
Serve with plane rice.