If you are a pork shoulder lover this is the recipe for you. This dish has a unique sweet, earthy taste delivered by the combination of pineapple, chilies, and Mexican spices. We promised you would WOW your family with this delicious dish.
- 1 jar KanKun Pastor
- 1 Kg pork shoulder
- pineapple sliced
- For garnish: rice, corn tortillas, vegetables
- Remove the pork from the fridge for 1 hour before you want to cook it, to let it come up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the pork on a clean work surface, skin-side up. Get yourself a small sharp knife and make scores about 1cm apart through the skin into the fat, but not so deep that you cut into the meat. If the joint is tied, try not to cut through the string.
- Place the pork, skin-side up, in a roasting tray. Add 1 jar of KanKun Pastor, rub carefully into all the scores you’ve just made, pulling the skin apart a little if you need to. Use the sauce also to season the underside of the meat. Season the shoulder with few pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add ¼ of water to the tray. and roast for 30 minutes, or until the skin has started to puff up and you can see it turning into crackling.
- At this point, turn the heat down to 170°C, cover the pork snugly with a double layer of tin foil, pop back in the oven and roast for a further 3 hours or until meltingly soft and tender. Check during the cooking process to make sure it does not get dry, add some more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, cook your favourite rice recipe and a selection of vegetables as a side dish.
- Remove the pork from the oven and leave to rest. You do not need to prepare gravy the pastor sauce will do the work for you.
- In a separate pan with oil, roast to slices of pineapple until golden brown, be careful not to burn.
- Serve the pork with rice vegetables and corn tortillas.
If you ever wanted to add a Mexican twist to your pork shoulder, you will be pleased to know that KanKun Pastor cooking sauce brings the solution in one small jar. You do not have to follow complicated recipes with a long list of ingredients, KanKun wants to make Mexican food simple and convenient while still holding the traditional and authenticity of Mexican flavors.
KanKun Pastor cooking sauce delivers a sensational fruity, and spicy flavor with delicious citric notes brought by the combination of pineapple, dried chilies, and Mexican Spices.