Tigna Sandwich will not disappoint you! If you are a sandwich lover, you might already be a fan of Mexican tortas. Today we are presenting a meaty Mexican sandwich packed with shredded chicken in a tangy spicy sauce -chicken tinga-. If your mouth is watering, it’s time to try our tinga sandwich recipe. Ideal to use your chicken tinga leftovers or if you are feeling adventurous and want a new sandwich filler experience, chicken tinga will now disappoint you.
Serves 4 ı Cooks In 15 min ı Difficulty Easy
• 500 gr of sliced chicken breast
• 1 jar of KanKun Tinga
• 1 white onion
• 1 bag of spinach and 1 sliced avocado
• 4 bun bread or your favorite roll bread
For the chicken tinga:
- Add some vegetable oil in a medium sized sauce pan, add the onions a sauté until cook, add the chicken, stir for 1 minute.
- Add 1 jar of KanKun Tinga, add ¼ of water. Bring to the boil, cover over and reduce heat to medium and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through, stirring and turning the chicken breasts occasionally.
- Remove the chicken breasts on to a cutting board. Shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the sauce pan, and cook and stir for 5 minutes or longer.
- Do not allow to get too dry the consistency should be moisture.
To fill the bread:
- Warm the bread
- Split in two carefully
- Spread mayonnaise to taste (optional)
- Fill in with chicken tinga, some leaves of spinach and the sliced avocado
- Served with your favorite drink
KanKun wants to make Mexican food simple and convenient while still holding the traditional and authenticity of Mexican street food flavors. KanKun Tinga Cooking Sauce is an earthy, spicy, smoky-sweet sauce originated from the Puebla Region. This sauce is made with a blend of fresh ingredients: tomato puree, onions, garlic, smoky jalapenos. Use chicken tinga as a base for quesadillas, Mexican tacos, burritos, tostadas. This sauce will also go well to condiment pork or beef.