Leek Broccoli Soup is the perfect match in the winter season. It is delicious, simple, spicy, creamy soup that lets the flavours shine through. I promise you will get thumbs at the family table.
- Olive Oil
- 1 leek finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 large potato chopped
- 600 g broccoli cut into florets
- Bunch of parsley leaves
- Bunch of basil leaves
- 4-6 tbsp of sour cream (optional)
- 2-4 tbsp of KanKun Mexican Sauce Jalapeño
- 4 cups of water
- 1 stock cube
- Salt to taste
- Spray a sauce pan with olive oil, add garlic and cook for 20 seconds, add the leek and cook until soft.
- Add the water and stock cube, bring to boil
- Add the potatoes and simmer for 10 minutes in lower heat.
- Add the broccoli, simmer until is tender.
- Add the parsley, basil
- Spicy up the soup adding KanKun Mexican Sauce Jalapeño
- Set aside to cool
- Blend the mixture in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer the soup to a clean saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Serve the soup on bowls, top it up with a dollop of sour cream and Mexican tortilla chips
- Soups are a healthy way to start off a meal because it tends to be high in vegetables, filling and low in energy density.
- Soup is really not that much effort. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare. It is also extremely adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. It can be very economical, and can easily frozen for future meals.
- My granny used to say “nothing better that a warm, delicious bowl of soup to hit the spot on a cold day”.