Carrot Butternut Squash Soup. This creamy vegetable soup is a wonderful low-fat recipe option for your family. Great for the winter season!
- 2 onions chopped
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1.5 litres hot vegetable stock
- Parsley for garnishing
- Sour Cream for garnishing
- 3 drops of KanKun Mexican Habanero Sauce
- In a large pan, fry the onions until soft.
- Add squash and carrots and stir, cooking for a further 5 minutes.
- Add thyme and season well with salt and drops of KanKun Mexican Sauce to tasste.
- Pour over stock and bring to boil. Allow to simmer gently for 30 minutes, or until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Using a hand blender or a liquidiser, blend to a smooth soup. If too thick, add a little more stock until desired consistency is achieved.
- Divide soup into bowls and serve with a dollop of sour cream and parsley.
- Soups are a healthy way to start off a meal because it tends to be high in vegetables, filling and low in energy density.
- Soup is really not that much effort. It is one of the easiest meals to prepare. It is also extremely adaptable to whatever ingredients you have on hand. It can be very economical, and can easily frozen for future meals.
- My granny used to say “nothing better that a warm, delicious bowl of soup to hit the spot on a cold day”.
Check KanKun Mexican Sauce