Servings: ( 6 ) | Preparation time: ( 15 min ) | Cooking time: ( 30 min )
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1kg/2¼lb lean beef mince
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 fresh tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin , 1 tsp ground coriander , 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 bottle of KANKUN chipotle mild/hot (depending on preference to heat!)
- 1 beef stock cube
- salt and pepper
- 2 x 400g can red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan with a lid and fry the onion, pepper and garlic until softened. Increase the heat and add the mince, cooking quickly until browned and breaking down any chunks of meat with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, 1 bottle of KANKUN® CHIPOTLE SAUCE, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and crumble in the stock cube. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add some water (some people prefer to add wine or beer) if the mix is too dry Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for about 50 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally until the mixture is rich and thickened.
- Add the kidney beans and fresh coriander. Cook for a further ten minutes, uncovered, before removing from the heat, adding any extra seasoning if necessary. Serve with rice, guacamole, sour cream and green salad.